FSL Electronics online store - About Us
The Company is located in Cookstown, a large town situated in the centre of Northern Ireland. From this central location FSL service the requirements of an increasing international worldwide customer base. Housed in a new purpose built factory, complete with offices, workshops and showroom, FSL have demonstrated their ability to respond quickly and efficiently to the industrial and electronics sectors.
To maintain and consolidate the Groupís excellent reputation for quality and service, a structured staff training programme is continually ongoing to ensure all staff are kept up to date with the ever-changing industry in which they work. The results of this is a motivated and highly trained workforce capable of responding to the most demanding of enquiries.
The Group is also actively involved in Research & Development in both the IT and Electronics industries, where new innovative products are developed and extensively tested. For some of the major companies in the plant and automotive areas or industries, FSL have contributed immensely to manufacturers of industrial equipment to cut cost and raise efficiency levels in their operating systems.
FSL Electronics Ltd. was formed in 1988 as a research and development facility and began production of itís first product, The Ultrabeam® in 1990. In 1992 and 1993, FSL won SMART awards from the Department of Trade and Industry (UK) for research and development of electronic products. In 1994 the company designed itís first electronic scoreboard for a local GAA club. Since then, the company has developed models for most sports and have hundreds of installations in several countries.
In 1996, FSL purchased a green-field site and erected a 6,000 square feet custom built factory in early 1997. In 2002, the company expanded itís product range into gate automation and in early 2003, became N.Irelandís sole distributor for DEA Automation. FSL are currently recruiting a network of dealers and business is quickly growing in this area. Today, the companyís client list includes worldwide companies such as Fujitsu, Caterpillar and Rockwell Automation.
Management and Personnel
The Executive Directors of FSL Electronics Ltd are John Meenan and Gerard Meenan.
The product range includes the "Ultrabeam®", "Ultrasafe", electronic control panels and a range of remote control scoreboard and display systems. FSL products are currently in use in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Design and Manufacture of outdoor scoreboards for a wide range of sports including: Cricket, GAA, Rugby, Hockey, Polo, Soccer.
- Electronic Message Displays and Queuing Systems
- The Ultrabeam® system consists of a range of infrared and radio control products for industrial use, while the Ultrasafe is certified intrinsically safe for control in hazardous areas.
- Custom designed Electronic control panels.
- Electronic Jump Mat manufactured under licence from Manchester Metropolitan University
- Distribution of DEA gate automation products and VIDEX access control products.
- Supplier of wireless CCTV technology
Sample Customers Product or Services
- Croke Park, Dublin Digital GAA Scoreboard
- Pearse Stadium, Galway Digital GAA Scoreboard & Turnstile Management System
- Royal Household, Windsor Castle
- Headingley Stadium, Leeds
- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- Clontarf, Dublin
- Landsdowne Road, Dublin Digital Soccer/Rugby Scoreboard & Timing/Messaging System
- Viper International Remote controls for mobile plant
- Software Design:
- F.G. Wilson, Larne Software for Control Panels
- Pollock Lifts, Carrickfergus Design & Manufacture of Lift Automation Electronic Panels
FSL currently sell to O.E.M.ís, Distributors of Electronic equipment and to end users such as:
- Aggregates Industries
- Blue Circle (UK)
- CRH (Ireland)
FSL has been manufacturing cordless remote controls since 1989 and electronic scoreboards since 1994. FSL products are currently in use in over 100 countries worldwide.
- IRTU Merit Award for Research and Technology 1992, 1993, 1995.
- Radius Award Winner 1997
- Irish Independant Top Sales Person 2001